Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A New Day

Here is a wonderful and inspirational piece that was forwarded to me by my good friend, Judy. It really impacted me, so I reformatted if from the e-mail forward and turned it into something I could print and give to people. Last night, I shared it with the members of my cancer support group. (Yes, I'm a cancer survivor, but more about that in later postings.) You are free to copy this and share it with others.


I have copies posted around my house – and there is one right next to my bed over my clock/weather station – so I can read it as I open my eyes each day. No hocus pokus to it. It's simply feeding my mind with positive input when I wake up. I have this set up and printed on parchment paper stock suitable for framing. It's great to give anyone, but especially those facing serious challenges in their life – like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, depression, etc. So share it with others.


If you'd like a parchment copy that you can matte and frame, send me two bucks and your address and I'll send it to you. If you send me three bucks I'll send you six copies. This is just covering my costs to print, package so it/they won't get damaged and postage. The address is Ed Helvey, 1647 Cedar Grove Road, Winchester, VA 22603. Now here is A New Day . . .


A New Day


This is the beginning of a new day that has been given to me to use as I will.

I can waste it or use it for good.

What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving something in its place that I have traded for it.
I want it to be a gain, not a loss; good, not evil; success, not failure . . . in order that I shall not forget the price that I paid for it.

Author Unknown


No comments: