Sunday, August 26, 2012

Photo-of-the-Week #69 – Matt’s Million Dollar View – Newberg, Oregon, June 2012



Some people are fortunate enough to have million dollar views. I’ve been lucky enough to have had a couple such views over my lifetime. Recently, when visiting my old Air Force friend, Matt, at his home in Newberg, Oregon, I had a chance to enjoy his million dollar view. I took this photo from Matt’s sun room area. Actually, it’s an extension of his living room and office. His desk, from which he operates his video production business, is located directly behind the position I took this photo from. Not a bad office view, huh?

Matt lives on one of the mountains surrounding the Willamette Valley in northern Oregon. Portland is about 25 miles, by road from Matt’s home. It’s easy to see why he chose this home.

Matt and I met in the Air Force in late 1969. I left San Antonio, Texas in May of 1970 for my ultimate assignment in Washington, DC. Matt was completing his Air Force career and left the Air Force about a year later. We’ve been in contact by email for the past few years, but we hadn’t seen each other in person since I was back in San Antonio on a short, temporary assignment in the fall of 1970. So, it had been nearly 42 years since the last time we had seen each other. It was a great reunion and I totally enjoyed my visit to his Million Dollar View and his hospitality. 

No comments: