Sunday, September 23, 2012

Photo-of-the-Week #73 – Spring in the Desert near Quartzite, Arizona, April 2010



The desert is a unique, mysterious and beautiful place. I don’t recall the precise location I took this photo, but it appears to be volcanic ash with a variety of desert flora. I have had numerous occasions over the last two decades to visit various parts of the Arizona desert during all four seasons. Without question, my favorite time to visit the desert is the spring.

Most, if I have any, off the most colorful photos I have of the desert would have been during my 35mm photography days. I have literally thousands of photos from that part of my life, so I’ll hopefully locate some of them as I start going through the boxes of old photos and digitizing them. Meanwhile, I’ll look forward to the opportunity of capturing a lot more current photos.

No comments: