Sunday, March 8, 2015

Photo-of-the-Week #201 Skechers Factory Store, Moreno Valley, California, March 2015


This week's photo of the week was taken just yesterday. As I was driving from Hawthorne, California to Palm Springs, California on Friday evening, I passed one of the largest warehouse structures I've ever seen. It was along CA-60 Between Long Beach and Palm Springs in an area (town) named Moreno Valley.

Now, when I say this warehouse was huge, I really mean HUGE. The recently constructed and opened facility housing the warehouse and distribution center for the second largest U.S. shoe company, Skechers. This structure encloses 1,820,000 square feet. Yes, I wrote it and your read it correctly, 1.82 million square feet. It's so long that it takes 30 seconds at 60 miles per hour to pass from one end to the other on the freeway. As a comparison, large, enclosed shopping malls range from 500,000 to 1,000,000 square feet. . . READ MORE

No comments: