Monday, August 10, 2015

Living Free in an Unfree World - Revisited

Today's offering is an archived article I was rereading. As I went through the article, almost 3 years since I first published it on the blog, I realized that maybe it's even more relevant today than it was three years ago.

A lot of people feel like the world is closing in on them. While the unemployment rate is supposedly down, it really hasn't returned the people who lost their jobs, in most cases, to the kind of work they were doing before and their income is considerably less than they were making, perhaps, eight to ten years ago. The bottom line is, we may have even less personal freedom than we did back then. Through recent events we know we're being monitored in a variety of ways all the time.

I'm also not sure I'm seeing any more happy people today than five or eight years ago. At any rate, for you consideration, I'm including this link back to the post from 2012 entitled "Living Free in an Unfree World." Read it for the first time or reread it if you've read it before and let me know what your thoughts are by sending a comment. And don't forget to share this with your friends. It should stir up some great dialogue. 

Here's a second link in case the one above doesn't work http://bit.ly/1HCVbP2

No comments: