Sunday, November 1, 2015

Photo-of-the-Week # 235 – Happy 7th Anniversary Day To Me – November 1, 2008


This is a view from the front door and porch of my residence and the world headquarters of Oakhill Press and Oakhill Recordings for nearly six years. I affectionately called it Oakhill Ranch. It was located just outside Winchester, Virginia in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. This day, exactly seven years ago today, was the first day I was no longer residing on Oakhill Ranch and Oakhill Press and Oakhill Recordings were no longer headquartered at this location.


This was, as I sometimes refer to it, my “Emancipation Day.” I had made a decision several months earlier that when the long term lease I had on this property terminated I would not renew and I would leave. This bucolic vista greeted me everyday for most of those six years (except for those days when I was traveling). I have displayed other photos of the house and property in Photo-of-the-Week posts in the past. To be honest, there wasn't any view from the house that I didn't cherish. But, I loved this view from the front probably most of all. . . READ MORE

No comments: