Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Friday!

It is a brisk, winter day here in the Shenandoah Valley. Two days ago it was about 64 degrees at this time, yesterday about 44 degrees and today about 34 degrees. My, what a difference a day or two makes. But, the sun is shining brightly and the sky is deep blue with barely a cloud in sight.


As I sit here at my small desk by the window, I'm being entertained by a pair of the smaller Red-bellied Woodpeckers and a pair of the very large Pileated Woodpeckers. My Red Tail Hawk seems to be off somewhere else hunting today.


I heard from my friend across our northern border, Andrea Reynolds, last night. Andrea is an American living on the Canadian side, a little ways from Niagara Falls. She is another individual who embraces the lifestyle of living and working free. As a writer, speaker, trainer and PR person, she has developed all kinds of educational products of her own and worked with all kinds of people such as authors and speakers. Actually, we met through a search I was doing for a best selling author I knew back in in the mid 80's. Andrea, like lots of people, me included, is dealing with some of the challenges of change. I have complete faith in the fact that she's moving in the right directions for her life as she adjusts her lifestyle and business model to accommodate the changes she's facing. So, yesterday, she read my new blog and very graciously credited me as the inspiration for her new blog. It's an interesting idea that you may want to consider for yourself. And maybe, if you follow Andrea's blog, you'll gain some thoughts and insight into living your life freer by realizing just how many good things you do during any given day. I think we take ourselves for granted. So, check out Andrea's blog at: www.10goodthingsididtoday.blogspot.com/


Leave her a comment and tell her I inspired you to check out her blog!


Another friend's blog that I think you'll enjoy is Marty Davis's www.chickaboomer.blogspot.com/


If you're looking for something different and entertaining check out Chickaboomer. Marty is a former, reforming (well, maybe not) broadcast journalist with roots at places like MSNBC, CNBC, Mutual Broadcasting, WTOP News Radio, Washington, DC and others. Marty lives a less stressful life (I think) in the mountains of western North Carolina – at least I think it's less stressful – I'm not sure how much stress is caused by dodging the bullets and daggers from the people she posts about. Marty is in two words, outrageous and irreverent . . . and I think I'm being easy on her. All I know is that thousands of people around the world check in with Marty's blog everyday just to see what dirt she has dug up today. Now, I have to be fair, Marty does say some very complimentary things about some people, well, a few people. But, believe me, this reporter doesn't hold back any punches – and I don't doubt that she hasn't had a few thrown at her – though as woman in her age bracket (a Baby Boomer) – it doesn't look like anyone has landed any and she is surely a “Babe!” Guys . . . cool your jets! She is happily married. I challenge you to check out Marty's blog and if you're not at least tickled, you might want to check with your doctor to see if you still have a pulse.


Oh yeah, and scroll down the left side of the page and check out the seven podcast episodes of Geezer Radio that Marty and my old grad school buddy, Dudley Carpenter, produced. Dudley is, yet, another person who is living and working free in the mountains of western North Carolina. I'm hoping to revive Geezer Radio with Marty in the future


Oh – fair warning - “Liberals” BEWARE!

No comments: