Sunday, January 27, 2013

Photo-of-the-Week #91 - Waterfall in Yosemite, Yosemite National Park, June 2010



 Breathtaking! I'm not sure anything else needs to be said.

Of course, this is just one more example of the Nature's majesty. While humans certainly create some magnificent works of art in architecture, sculpture, painting and so on, nature still has the most magnificent palette and creates works of beauty that can, perhaps, be imitated, but never truly matched by humans.

The waterfall in this photo is probably between 250 and 300 feet high. I was going through Yosemite during the late spring. I passed a number of waterfalls and raging streams, all channeling winter snowmelt to the valleys below. I'm sure much of this water makes its way to the irrigation canals of the San Joaquin Valley's agricultural cornucopia, which just happened to be my next destination on this road trip.

One very positive thing the government has done is create the National Park system. And I also have to give credit to the state governments for the their individual state park systems.    

No comments: