Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting The New Year With A Thank You


It's January 2, 2013 and I'm off and running. I've begun taking some bites out of my elephants. Yes! I have several elephants I'm going to be nibbling on through this year. I hope you've figured out what elephant you want to devour this year and have taken your first bite.

But, I only think it's fitting that I start the year off with a "Thank You" from a thankful heart. I learned a couple weeks ago about the death of a friend from the theater where I was responsible for the Sound Design for the plays performed each year for about ten years. Martin was an enthusiastic, generous and willing learner and helper. Today I learned of the death of a man my age, a fellow Vietnam era vet (he was actually in Vietnam during the war, I was not) and an aspiring nomadic vandweller. I'm thankful to still be here for 2013.

But, mostly, I want to thank everyone who has visited this blog, read my writings, made some comments, participated in my van naming contest and in general inspired me to keep writing. The year 2012 saw the viewer count on my blog increase by more than 455% over the first four years of this blog combined. Additionally, people from more than 90 countries have viewed the blog. I am very humbled by these amazing numbers.

So, Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I shall endeavor to keep earning your valuable time and hopefully providing you with some thought provoking ideas and suggestions to gain more personal freedom and improve your life.

Living Free Blog Objectives for 2013

I have several objectives for this year. These aren't part of my elephants, but they are simply small goals and markers.

First, I'd love to build up the follower count on my main Blog home page. So, I invite you to become a member of my "Living Free Tribe." Simply click on the "Join This Site" button on the blog.

Second, I'd love to build up my email subscriber base. For those who are not already subscribers, this simply means that each time I put up a new post on the blog, you'll receive an email informing you of the new post with a link to go to the blog if you choose to.

Third, I'd like to build up my Facebook Living Free fan page. You can do this by clicking on this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Free/158480137558063 and clicking on the "Like" button. I'd also love to add you as a friend on my regular Facebook page. Simply go to http://www.facebook.com/ed.helvey.9

Fourth, I have my Live Free and Happy Yahoo Group set up for discussions on whatever topics anyone has about living freer, downsizing, simplifying, economizing, lifestyle changes, transitioning to new careers and revenue generating ideas, etc. This forum is designed to be a go to place to gain and give ideas and insights with people with a common interest. Go to the blog Home Page and click on the Yahoo Groups Join Now button. I'm looking forward to some really great discussions on the group.

It's also my intention, with your help, if you will, to triple the total views for this year and add as many new subscribes and followers as I can. If you have a blog of your own, I'd appreciate you including me on your blog roll and let me know about your blog so I can add it to my blog roll. Also, if you have friends or family members who would benefit from reading the Living Free blog, I'd appreciate you passing on the information and the link.

2013 Living Free Blog Enhancements

You'll see some exciting enhancements to the Living Free blog this year. I'm sure you've noticed the buttons on the top of the page for various categories. I'll be activating those buttons and adding a few more. I'll be doing an entire on going series on revenue generating ideas called "Working Free." I'll also be reactivating "The Simple Life" blog on simplifying and downsizing one's life that will be directly accessible from the Living Free blog Home Page. There will be a new blog accessible from the Living Free blog site called "The Search for America" and it will be mainly about my travels around the U.S. and Canada, initially, the places I visit, the people I meet, the things I learn and the adventures I experience. I'm hoping to meet many Living Free readers as I travel the length and breadth of the U.S. and tell about our meet-ups as part of this blog.

It's an ambitious year and undertaking. I'm very excited about 2013 and know it's going to be my best year, yet. It's going to be great because of you and your support and I hope I can, in some way, help you to make this your best year, yet, also.

Once again, THANK YOU for your time and inspiration. Happy, healthy, abundant and a freer year to you for 2013.

No comments: