Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Time is on my side, yes it is" - Rolling Stones 1963


I beg to differ. No it isn't!

Time is the most precious and priceless commodity we possess. And, very few of us ever know how much time we possess.

This was a very popular song for the Rolling Stones in 1963 and 1964. But, this precious commodity of time ran out for my Internet, nomadic friend, Bill Gould, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida around October 10, 2012.

I had never met Bill in person, but we had struck up quite a friendship since we were both into the nomadic lifestyle, both Vietnam War veterans and both the same age. Unfortunately, Bill's time ran out for him way too soon. The last communication I had with Bill was around the 20th of September 2012 when I knew Bill was anxiously and painfully awaiting an appointment with doctors at the Miami Veteran Affairs Medical Center. I knew Bill was pretty sick, but I don't think he even knew how sick he was.

None of us on the various Yahoo Groups that Bill and I and others participated in heard anything from Bill after September 21st. Yesterday, after several of us searched the Internet, talked with the Miami VA hospital and checked Florida newspapers finally confirmed that our friend had passed away.

So, Rest In Peace, Bill Gould. Most of those who read this blog would have never come to know Bill, but he was just as important a person as each of you are. I just never had the opportunity of meeting this gentle, generous man of kind heart and spirit - in person.

So, let's get on with life. Let's do it! Let's eat our elephants. Let's live our dreams. Let's attack our Life Lists and start experiencing life to its fullest. Let's live free as we were born to. Let's get everything out of this odyssey called "life" that we can, because Time is NOT on our side. 

No comments: