Sunday, April 21, 2013

Photo-of-the-Week #103 - Appalachia Challenges the Western Bubbas - Hanging Rock, West Virginia, April 2013



So, do you believe you can only find a 72 ounce steak challenge in Memphis, Kansas City or some of the famous Texas steakhouses? Well, I'm here to tell you the answer to that question is . . . No indeed! I pass this place periodically on U.S. Rt. 50 when I'm driving to or from northern Virginia.

Here we are in Hanging Rock, West Virginia heading east and climbing to one of the higher points on Cooper Mountain. I'm sure it's just the place you'd expect to find a 72 ounce steak challenge - and at a place named Appalachian Beer Garden, no less.

No, I haven't tried the challenge. Actually, I've never been in the place. But, I guess now that I've given them international exposure, I should try it out and report on it. Who knows, I may be the next host of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, the well-known show on the Food Network.

There are so many interesting places to see in the U.S., to learn about, and if it has to do with food, partake in the fare. I'll make a bet the Appalachian Beer Garden probably has some pretty good steaks, maybe a little smaller than a 72 ounce monster. 

No comments: