Sunday, September 28, 2014

Photo-of-the-Week #178 "The Great White Way," Times Square, New York City, New York, December 2002



I haven't made it to Times Square to experience a New Year's Eve celebration, yet. And, while it is on my "Life List" of things I'd like to experience once before I leave this life, it is not one of the higher priorities. Time is, of course, growing shorter and there are a lot less New Year's Eves in my future than those that have already passed.

Most people in the U.S. have, since it was first televised, watched the crystal ball drop on top of the New York Times Building, to the right in the photo, ushering in the New Year. Despite the fact that I grew up and lived within about 10 or 12 miles from the spot in this photo, I was never any closer than the millions of others watching the event on TV. . . READ MORE

No comments: