Saturday, September 7, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – A Lazy Day – September 7, 2019 – Day 7

Day #7 on this adventure journey. Not much to report for today. In the Introduction, I believe I indicated there would be days that would be very slow, relaxed and probably boring. Today is one of them.

At least yesterday I received that annoying letter from Amazon about one of the books I published nearly 20 years ago. That motivated me to get back at them with a rant. Interestingly, today I received another form letter, but this one was at least signed by Clarence. That was an improvement over being signed by Amazon.com. But, the letter was still annoying. They are going to investigate. Investigate, WHAT? And, they can't let me know about the investigation for security reasons. WHAT? Cheese & Crackers!!! Is this a flipping Congressional investigation?

Friends, the world is out of control. And, people wonder why I enjoy finding quiet, secluded places of peace, quiet and nature's beauty. It's to get away from the insanity that seems to pervade day to day life in our society in the 21st Century.

Today I read some things. I answered some texts, PM chats, emails and a few phone calls. I ate some of the delicious homemade (from scratch crusts) apple pie Carolyn made along with some of the homemade peach ice cream she also made. It was a tough day, but someone had to do it.

That's about all for now. I have another quiet day coming up tomorrow. I'll do some reading, writing, emails, eat some more homemade apple pie and peach ice cream and relax. So, now it's time for my beauty rest and some pleasant dreams. Until tomorrow . . .

Live free and be happy. EH

1 comment:

John Abert said...

Some days you only get one step forward for every step back. If you're lucky you'll get two or more steps forward. As long as you don't get more back steps than forward steps, that's progress. Keep on...