Sunday, September 29, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – More Blessed Rest – September 29, 2019 – Day 29

The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large. - Confucius

I'm finding on Day 29, a Sunday, that I'm enjoying the idea of resting and relaxing. It was a pleasant day outside, but my body was still craving more rest. Tomorrow morning I'll leave here by about 8 AM to make the 90-minute trek back to Winchester for my 10:15 radiation treatment. Yes, I'm definitely allowing extra trim to make the trip to allow myself the luxury of not rushing.

I am finding time to meditate of good thoughts as I progress through my “adventure.” Confucius is certainly quoted a lot. It's probably because he was a thinker and seemed to have a firm grasp on the positive facets of life. Today's quote makes sense to me.

I actually did get some work done today. It was in the form of a long (really long) phone call with one of the individuals who will be working with me and the four other trustees of the Veteran Speakers Network business trust we recently formed. I hadn't had an opportunity to speak with Dean since after the Veteran Speakers Retreat ended on Sunday, September 25th.

We covered a lot of territory during that call and he provided me with some extremely valuable input and I was able to answer a lot of questions he had. So, we move ahead a few squares on our business “chessboard.”

Other than that, I watched some old episodes of NCIS Los Angeles, something to simply keep my eyes and mind occupied. And, after my phone call, I got some papers copied for my CPA. I need to stop and see him this week. Carolyn had the fixings for a delicious BLT sandwich in the kitchen. It's one of my favorite sandwiches.

So, I finished up my sandwich while watching the beginning of a movie that was sort of interesting. It was a SciFi drama. We watched the entire movie. Carolyn was tougher than I was. She gave it about a 3, possibly a 4, I gave it a 5 and possibly a 6. It took a while to catch onto the plot and figure out the twist. Once that came to light, it was a bit better than my earlier rating would have been. I would suggest it was a bit similar to the Bruce Willis classic movie, “Sixth Sense.” I won't give away the story if you haven't seen it. If you have seen it, you know the plot, the twists and the ending. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch it. Bruce Willis plays a very different kind of character in this movie.

Not much else to report today. For me, it was a good day. But, I said upfront there would be days you, the reader might find boring. Focus on what Confucius said and you'll gain the real value out of today's post.

Live free and be happy. EH

No comments: