Saturday, September 28, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – Rest – September 28, 2019 – Day 28


The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. - Leo Buscaglia

This is the 28th day since I began chronicling this new “adventure,” as I've been calling it. The actual adventure began 13 days before I started this series of articles. But, September 1st seemed like an appropriate day.

Yesterday I was exhausted, wiped out, if you will. Today, I had a relaxing morning and this afternoon, I spent some time getting some work done and began some research for some upcoming things I need to focus on.

Basically, it's been a day of rest. Tomorrow will be much the same. I will do some more research and I expect a couple phone calls that I'll take to accomplish some progress on projects I'm working on. But, mainly, it will be a day of rest in preparation for driving myself over the 7 mountains and through the 7 valleys back to Winchester for my 9th radiation treatment on Monday morning.

I thought the Leo Buscaglia quote was appropriate for today. We can always work toward those three ideals. I know one objective and goal I established for myself several years ago is to do my best to make at least 12 people smile every day. Believe me, it's really terrific and makes me feel good when they smile or chuckle back at me.

Live free and be happy. EH

No comments: