Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – Two More Days – October 23, 2019 – Day 53

In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. - Dalai Lama

Just TWO MORE DAYS of radiation and one more of chemotherapy. If you've ever been through this regimen of treatment, you know just how significant those three words are.

This will, again, be a short post. It was actually a very positive, no, make that a very, extremely positive day today. In addition to having my radiation treatment, they also did my lab work today, a day earlier than normal. They did the lab work because I had two doctors' appointments today. One was with my radiation doctor. The second one was with my medical oncologist (chemotherapy). They wanted the lab work for the second appointment.

I'll be honest, I'm totally wiped out and have been since I arrived back at Judy's about 12:15 PM today. So, I'll save all the details of the two appointments for another day when I have some energy to think and write. However, I will say this much. Both doctors effectively gave me A++++ reports. I walked out today feeling very positive.

After leaving the cancer center, I went over to my primary doctor's office to make a follow-up appointment (finally). The woman at the reception desk asked what the reason for the appointment was and I answered by telling her that I wanted to thank them for saving my life. She, of course, looked dumbfounded. I told her that since I had last been there, based on their instructions, my life was in the balance and I was completing two months of chemotherapy and five and a half weeks of radiation. And, things are looking very positive.

We worked out the time and details and then I headed back to Judy's. I walked in, whereupon Judy wanted to know the results of my appointments. I told her and we were both elated. Then I came upstairs to my room and . . . collapsed. The end of my productive day.

Live free and be happy. EH

No comments: