Sunday, October 20, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – Another Nothing Day – October 20, 2019 – Day 50

You can do everything you can to try to stop bad things from happening to you, but eventually things will happen, so the best prevention is a positive attitude. - Marie Osmond

I found that today, Day #50, was almost a carbon copy of yesterday. No energy and no real motivation.

That being said, I actually did get a few simple things done and some research done as well. While I continue to work on keeping my attitude positive, I'm finding it somewhat demoralizing to realize there is so much I want to do and I have the resources at my fingertips to do it, but I just can't muster the motivation.

I'm also facing the fact that tomorrow morning I have that long (and it seems to get longer every week) drive over the 7 mountains and through the 7 valleys back to Winchester to be there in time for my 10:15 AM radiation treatment. That's a reality. But, another reality is that at 10:30 AM tomorrow morning I'll only have four more treatments left.

It's been tough forcing myself to consume food, but I'm working at finishing some tasty meatballs and spaghetti. And, after I finish this, I'm going to consume some creamy chocolate ice cream swirled with peanut butter. One of my absolute favorite treats. I'll be slipping between the sheets early tonight to get as much sleep as I can before climbing into Carolyn's car tomorrow morning for the aforementioned trip to Winchester.

I really don't have much more to say today, so let me sign off with – live free and be happy. EH

No comments: