Sunday, October 20, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – A Nothing Day – October 19, 2019 – Day 49

If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges. - Pat Riley

This is going to be very short today. I was wiped out.

I have a long “To-Do List” and, to be completely honest, the most productive thing I could do today was finding a positive quote for this article. I did a little reading. I did some research on the Web. I managed to walk outside to get some warm rays of the sun on my face. Oh yeah, and I made myself some breakfast.

I've said this before, I have the energy of a wet dishrag. Or, maybe a better way to put it is that I feel like I just finished round 12 of a seemingly endless prizefight and I can't throw in the towel.

But, don't misconstrue what I'm saying. My attitude is still very high and I still have my sense of humor. And, I don't have any pain or most of the side effects of the treatments I'm experiencing other than the massive fatigue.

One more week and this is over. October 25th is the final day of chemo and radiation for this part of my treatment. Then, thankfully, I'll be experiencing a period of recovery before the next course of treatment.

There is also something else that I have been remiss at doing. I want to thank everyone who has been sending comments about my blog posts. I have not been responding to you and I'm sorry about that. But, I do see and read everyone whether they arrive on the blog post itself, or by Facebook PM, text, Twitter or emails. They are very gratifying and supportive to me.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Please feel free to send any comments you are so moved to send. I definitely read them. Honestly, I'm so far behind in replying to all forms of correspondence. I'm truly hoping to start getting caught up after this round of treatment is complete and I begin recovering my energy.

That's really all I have for today other than – live free and be happy. EH

No comments: