Sunday, January 16, 2022

New Beginnings – 2022 – Part 3

Three weeks and three new articles. I'm patting myself on the back! I hope I'm back on line again.

This is going to be a short article today. Winter has set in here in the area of West Virginia known as the Potomac Highlands. It's where I've been staying with a friend while I've been recovering from my bout with cancer. I'm very lucky to have terrific and very supportive friends in various places and, certainly, my friend Carolyn has gone way above the call to help me.

It's snowing quite hard here today and into about midday tomorrow. It's quite cold with the current temperature registering at 16 degrees and an estimated accumulation of snow between 9” to 12” and possibly as much as 18.” I grew up in northern New Jersey and we had some cold temperatures and significant snow accumulations there when I was a kid. And, then I lived in Syracuse, NY and I have to be honest, snow, lots and lots of snow was a way of life along with sub-0 temperatures. We had some serious winters when I lived in the Washington, DC area and for the ten years I lived in Annapolis, MD. About every five years or so, we would have a very serious winter in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia when I lived outside Winchester. But, while some of my friends look forward to winter and snow, I have experienced probably about 30 blizzards during my life and frankly, I'd much rather see the snow from a distance along with the cold temperatures. I'm perfectly content to watch snow in TV shows or in movies. I don't need to experience it in person any longer.

Part of my New Beginnings is to start researching and searching for a new region to base my operations from and I'd like it to be a location with a moderate or temperate climate. So, I've been looking at places around the U.S. during the last several years I was traveling, prior to being inconveniently stopped from my travels by my cancer challenge. But, I'll be looking again for the right place once I can get back on the road.

New Beginnings – the Book Series

I continue to become more motivated and inspired about creating the series of books I'm calling “New Beginnings” to initially inspire, encourage, support and motivate people cancer survivors and individuals undergoing cancer treatment. I've been gaining a lot of very positive feedback from trusted colleagues and friends I've talk with about the series.

During the past week I've been working on developing a business plan to launch the project. I'm considering starting a private, closed Facebook group that will only be open to individuals who are either survivors of terminal cases of cancer, mainly Stage 3 and Stage 4 and with individuals who are currently undergoing treatment for Stage 3 and Stage 4 cancer. I'm also preparing a preliminary solicitation of stories from cancer survivors that will provide the basis for the first book in the series.

I had a great video chat with my long time friend, Brian Morris, who I fondly refer to as my “brother from another mother.” Brian is located in Picton, New Zealand. He and I collaborate on all kinds of things and bounce ideas off each other all the time. It's great to have someone to collaborate with from the other side of the world and a somewhat different culture, although we're both from English speaking countries. I mentioned Brian in the first article of this New Beginnings series. He has produced nearly 50 ebooks on a variety of topics, most of them being “how to” books. Brian sparked a great idea while we were talking and I'm not sure I acknowledged it enough during our conversation. But, it gave me a new spin off concept to work with.

Thus, I continue to move forward with the New Beginnings concept. I also have another project that I was developing before I wrote my first blog article of 2022. I've actually been contemplating that project for at least a couple of years or longer. It involves my audio and video production career that I've had going for nearly 60 years. So, as I approach my 77th birthday, I realize that there is still plenty of creative juices in this old body and the brain is not becoming demented, just, yet.

I also dreamed up a project this past Friday for YOU. Again, it came out of nowhere. Well, that's not true. It actually came out of what I'd consider a form of nightmare. However, the project is not a nightmare, rather it's a very positive concept that I hope you'll want to play with and enjoy. More about this in future articles.

I'm also going to reactivate my “Living Free Project” Facebook group. If you're already a member, watch for some new activity shortly – you can even make some of your own posts. If you're not already a member, but you're interested, feel free to locate the group on Facebook and join the group. I'd like to get some new activity going and the sharing of ideas for ways of living free and being happy.

That's all for this article. Stay tuned for the next installment with more news and ideas about New Beginnings.

Live free and be happy, EH.

No comments: