Sunday, October 21, 2012

Photo-of-the-Week #77 - Tea for Two - The Tea House, Lake Tahoe, California, June 2006



Anyone for tea? Here is a photo of the Tea House on Fanette Island in Emerald Bay, a National Natural Landmark on Lake Tahoe. I shot this photo when I was visiting Lake Tahoe for a "family reunion" and the 80th birthday of my former mother-in-law. It was a grand event and the scenery was breathtaking.

Lake Tahoe is a crater lake that reaches some 1,600 feet in depth. The water is always cold and in June the views of snow-capped mountains were fantastic. Fanette Island holds the distinction of being the only island in all of Lake Tahoe. The Tea House was built on Fanette Island by Mrs. Lora Josephine Knight, the owner and builder of Vikingsholm, a 38 room mansion of Swedish architecture on the shore of Emerald Bay.

I've featured some of my other photos of Lake Tahoe in the past in this series. If you've never had the opportunity of visiting this spectacularly scenic area, I strongly recommend you add it to your "Life List" as a must see place. 

No comments: