Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The First Day of the Rest of My Life – ZZZZZZZZZ – October 15, 2019 – Day 45

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time. - John Lubbock

Day 45 is almost over. The Z's in the title of this article represents what I spent most of today doing. Yep! I spent it sleeping. I mentioned at the beginning of this series of articles there were going to be days when not much of anything was going to be happening. Well, today was one of them.

I woke up. I read a little. I answered some emails. I finally got up and had some light conversation with my friend, Judy. I drove the van over to the cancer center and had my daily radiation treatment at the appointed time of 10:15 AM (actually they called me in a few minutes early and I left a few minutes early).

I made my way over to Costco because I just felt like one of their “Very Berry” frozen yogurt sundaes. I enjoyed eating it in the van parked under a tree and listening to a classic radio detective show on my satellite radio. Then I made my way back over to Judy's, said 'hi' to her when I got back. Then it was up to my room. It was around noon time. I laid down on my bed and the fatigue washed over me. It didn't take long for the ZZZZZZs to take over.

That was pretty much it for the day. Well, I did compose an email newsletter to send out announcing the passing away of a long-time friend I learned about yesterday evening. Gloria was 92, the widow of another dear friend, mentor and client who passed away just about 10 years ago almost to the day. She passed at 5:45 PM peacefully surrounded by her family.

There is not much more to report today. I'm about ready to post this article and then, well – I'm awaiting those ZZZZZZs to return for a restful night of sleep. Tomorrow is another day and I do have some things (besides the radiation treatment) I'd like to accomplish, in addition to another doctor's appt. in the afternoon. So, I'll play the day by ear as seems to be the game plan every day at this point. Only 8 more radiation treatments including tomorrow. I'm getting ready to slide into home plate.

Live free and be happy. EH

No comments: