Sunday, July 10, 2011

Photo of the Week #12 – Lake Pontchartrain, LA Pre-Hurricane Katrina

This picture was taken on from the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain on my last trip to New Orleans in September 2003. This was two years prior to Katrina damaging and destroying many parts of the city. I’ve been to New Orleans numerous times since my first visit in 1980. While it’s not a place I would, personally, choose to live, it is a city rich in history and culture, alive with entertainment and the home of awesome food. It’s too bad that its geographic and topographic location and features make it so vulnerable to the forces of nature, but it is what it is. One day, in the not too distant future, I’ll return to New Orleans to once again sit on the shore of this vast lake and watch the white sails driven across the water by the prevailing breezes.

No comments: