Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photo of the Week #28 – Some South Texas Scenic Beauty



I remember my first trip to Texas. It was courtesy of my Uncle Sam as he gave me an all expenses paid trip to San Antonio, Texas and what was to become my home for the next eight months of my life, Lackland Air Force Base. I have to be honest, I wasn’t all that enthralled with Lackland and the geography and terrain was quite alien to me compared to the limited exposure to the rest of the U.S. and the world I had until that time. Growing up as a Jersey Boy and living in upstate New York for a couple years along with several trips south to central Florida provided me with a pretty limited perspective. Heck, the furthest west I’d ever been was Springfield, OH.

But, one thing I immediately discovered about Texas was that it had a lot of scenic beauty of the kind I’m admiring in this photo. My New Zealand buddy, Brian Morris, and I discovered this bit of Texas beauty in Corpus Christi at a Hooters Restaurant. I remembered from my first experience with Texas women in 1969-70, that not only were there a lot of beautiful women, but they were very friendly. Apparently that hasn’t changed. This Texas Beauty treated us geezers very well and made our visit memorable enough to want to bring home a photo memory.

No comments: