Monday, February 7, 2022

Keep The Faith

This post is going to be a little different than my typical articles. A few days ago a friend of mine sent me an email with a video attached to it. It was titled Keep The Faith. I personally don't recognize the man telling the story. If someone does, I'd appreciate you filling me in and letting me know.

The story moved me. I took me back to a time when I was in my mid 20s and had completed four years of college and a bachelors degree and an additional year of graduate school and had earned a masters degree. I was a young business man and I was going through another life change as I entered the service to our country to serve in the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam War Era. So, while the presenter of this story is, obviously, younger than me, which you'll pick up on as he relates the story, I relate to what he is saying because I had experienced the attitudes that he relates.

There's not much else to say because I don't want to steal the presenter's thunder. But, those of you of a certain age (mostly from the Greatest Generation, the Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation and the very early Generation X) will be able to relate to this. You will likely remember when this was pretty much the overall attitude in the U.S. regardless of what part of the country you were from. For those of you who are younger than the group I just described, this is the way our country once was. It certainly wasn't perfect. But, it was a lot better, in my mind, than much of what we're witnessing and experiencing in all sectors of our society.

The video is short, but I believe it sends a powerful message. I hope you gain something from it. As always, your comments are solicited and welcome. And, I ask you to pass this post along to your family, friends and colleagues. I'd like to rebuild the readership of the blog again with your assistance. Thank you. Now here's the video titled “Keep The Faith.”


Live free and be happy, EH

4 comments:

Humpy57 said...

What can I say...WOW, that really brings back the kind of memories I remember as a kid !
Thanks for sharing

Ed Helvey said...

Where is that world today? Are we just getting old and not keeping up with the times? Or is this a "brave new world" that no longer recognizes the values we grew up with?
Live free and be happy, EH

Anonymous said...

Having never gone to an outdoor concert in 1969, I agreed to go with a college friend on a motorcycle to Bethel NY. I was not a hippie and didn’t do drugs. I saw a valley filled with peaceful people and sat on a hill hearing music from a stage where people looked like ants at that distance. When the rain came on Saturday, we left, but had to stop at a station to fix a flat tire. A couple of school teachers next door invited us in for a shower and lunch with their little kids while they washed our clothes. I lost their address, but have always been thankful to those trusting people. The experience gave me a renewed faith in the kindness that we Americans extend every day.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it posted twice!